Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain Management offers a standard Inventory ageing report, but this report takes a lot of time in cases where multiple sites, warehouses and thousands of items exist in the system and at the same time the report is too long to review. That is why Microsoft has come up with a new way of generating Inventory ageing report which facilitates to store Inventory ageing report data. The feature is called Inventory ageing report storage.
To facilitate inventory ageing report data to be stored a new data entity called Inventory aging (InventInventoryAgingReportStorageEntity) and a new class InventAgingStorageController. Class InventAgingStorageController is used to extract data using the Batch job task.
Enable Inventory ageing report storage feature
- Navigate to Feature management workspace from System administration >> Workspaces >> Feature management.
- Search for Inventory ageing report storage report in the list
- Click Enable now button to activate this feature. Once the feature is activated you can find the new menu item in Cost management >> Inquiries and reports module for Inventory ageing report storage
Let’s execute the report
- Cost management >> Inquiries and reports >> Inventory ageing report storage
- Click the New button which will open the similar parameter form as we used in earlier Inventory ageing report.
- Enter an identifier for the report in the Name parameter
- All other remaining parameters are the same as it was in earlier Inventory ageing report.
- Please note that behaviour for VIEW parameters is changed compared to how it was behaving in the earlier Inventory ageing report. Now only View and No is working and Total option is not working e.g. if you set Item group parameter to Total, the report will not show Item group-wise sub-total but it will behave in same way if you set it to View
- Once you set all the parameters just click Ok button to execute the report. The report will always be executed in batch mode.
Once the report is successfully executed, it will appear on the Inventory ageing report storage form. It will also display all the parameters set when the report was executed.
Now let us see what visualization the new Inventory ageing report storage provides.
Click View details button to view Inventory ageing report storage details page. On this page all the ageing data displayed in a grid format which can be filtered and exported to excel. This is similar to the SSRS report layout of the earlier Inventory ageing report but excluding any sub-totals.
Inventory ageing report storage – Chart view
Click View chart button to view chart view page. The chart view is dynamics and it can be used to populated chart data by Amount or Quantity by providing relevant value in Ageing data parameter.
Furthermore, you can filter the chart data by Item group, Item, Site, and Warehouse.
Please share your thoughts and suggestions in the comment section.