If you are tech savvy person and want to start blogging on topics you are expert in, then here is the 1-2-3 of WordPress Installer within a few clicks. Hostgator provides you an easy WordPress Installer which will setup the WordPress blog without knowing how to upload using FTP and what a MySQL database is.
- Signup for a web hosting account with Hostgator. I have a coupon code MAKEBLOGG25 for you which will reduce the cost by 25% on all hosting packages for the first billing cycle.
- Once your hosting account has been setup, you will receive an email from Hostgator, containing login credentials of your CPanel account and name servers to which your domain needs to be pointed.
- Login to your CPanel account
- Click on on the WORDPRESS icon as shown below, located at left side bar of your CPanel home screen
- Click on Continue button as shown in below snapshot.
- Enter all the information as shown in below snapshot
- Application URL : Select the domain/subdomain from drop down box
- Enter name of subfolder or leave blank to install WordPress at the root of your domain/subdomain.
- Admin email : Enter email address of Admin user.
- Blog Title : Title of your WordPress blog
- First Name : First name of the admin
- Last Name : Last name of the admin
- Install Now! : Click this button to start the installation
- Within a few seconds after clicking “Install Now!” button, the WordPress Installer will complete it’s task, and will congratulate you with your WordPress login credentials.
That is about quick WordPress Installer provided with Hostgator web hosting packages. Now, login to your blog admin at http://yourdomain/wp-admin, and explore thousands of free WordPress themes and plugins and install required themes and plugins.
Best of Luck and Happy blogging!!!